The Latte Budget participates in affiliate marketing programs, which means I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Want to earn money from the comfort of your own home?
I have listed 10 ways you can make money from home, so let’s get started.
1) Freelance Writing. Freelance writing is how I make money from home. In fact, most of my income comes from freelance writing.
You can write about any topic and likely find someone who is willing to pay you for your writing. To be a freelance writer, it’s important to have superior writing skills, to be organized, and to be able to build strong relationships with clients and potential clients alike.
2) Blogging. Blogging gets talked about a lot, but can you really earn substantial money from blogging?
The answer is yes – but it will take time. Very few bloggers start making thousands of dollars in their first year. The most profitable of blogs took years to build up to that level of income.
That being said, you can make blogging, even if you are a small blog. To be honest, I prioritize my freelance writing career over my blog, but I still make a few hundreds of dollars every year. Even in my first year of blogging (where I had no idea what I was doing as a new blogger…) my blog paid for itself time and time again.
So, to sum it up, blogging has unlimited potential. You certainly can earn a lot of money from blogging if you are willing to put in the time and effort. But even if you are just looking to start a hobby blog, you have nothing to lose. If you even have the slightest interest, I suggest starting a blog today.
3) Work as a Virtual Assistant. A virtual assistant, or VA, is someone who works online to provide administrative support for a company or individual. You can either start your own virtual assistant business, or you can join a business like Fancy Hands to find virtual work on an online platform.
Either way, you can make good money as a virtual assistant, especially if you go out on your own and set your own rates.
4) Open an Etsy Shop. If you are passionate about creating crafts or art, you could consider making a living off of that by opening an Etsy shop.
I know a lot of people who do very well on Etsy and a few who even earn a full-time income from selling on the platform. The best part about Etsy is that you already have a huge client base on their platform.
5) Become a Craigslist Flipper. A lot of people will laugh at this one, but it is so true! Though I do not flip items from Craigslist, I am constantly selling items on Craiglist and I have earned thousands of dollars from doing so. You can find or sell anything on Craigslist.
Craigslist flippers find run down or broken items on Craigslist, buy them for cheap, and fix them up to sell for more than they bought it for. You can earn a lot of money by flipping items on Craigslist.
If you are wary about the potential dangers of Craigslist, I recently learned that many cities are starting to advertise “safe exchange” spots. This is a spot in the city where they have security cameras set up and is in a public place so you can meet up with someone and feel at ease.
6) Ask Your Current Employer About Remote Options. If you are currently employed full-time but are considering remote options, you can talk to your employer about it.
Many employers are making the switch to allowing employees to work from home. Even if you are not sure that your employer will be on board, it doesn’t hurt to ask, especially if you have a good track record with the company. You can have an honest conversation with your boss and discuss why you want to work from home and what you could provide the company by working from home.
7) Work in Graphic Design. Just like freelance writing, if you are skilled in graphic design, you can make money by taking on freelance graphic design projects.
When you’re starting to look for clients, small businesses might be a good place to begin. Graphic design companies can be expensive for small businesses to hire because large companies have to charge more to cover their overhead cost. Small businesses they are more likely to find an individual graphic designer appealing.
8) Become a Virtual Bookkeeper. If you understand accounting processes, you can work from home as bookkeeper. To be a bookkeeper, you don’t necessarily have to have formal experience in accounting, though it certainly helps.
9) Work as a Medical Transcriptionist. Medical transcriptionists can make good money by working from home. To be a medical transcriptionist, you need to have an understanding of medical terminology and have accurate, fast typing skills.
10) Start Your Own Business. If none of these options are a good fit for you, keep in mind, you can start your own business by providing any good or service you want. When you’re the boss, you can set your own rules.
Some examples of businesses you might start include a social media marketing business, writing books, start a consulting business, bake and decorating cakes from your home, and more. There is no limit to the possibilities!
What work from home ideas do you have? Would you like to work from home if you could?