Every month, I recap my goals for you all to hold myself accountable and to be transparent with my readers.
So South Carolina is currently having some effects of this hurricane, so my job cancelled work today. Hellooooo 4 day weekend! Except not. It’s kind of terrible. The storm isn’t even here yet and it was raining so hard last night that I didn’t get any sleep! I would prefer not to be in a hurricane but what can you do…
Anyway, July was an awesome month for me and I was on fire. Then August came around and I was just plain tired. I don’t know what it was! I let myself take it a bit easier this past month, while still motivating myself to meet most of my goals.
I tend to be a perfectionist, so that was a big deal for me to take it a bit easier last month! Too many times, I’ve become so focused on my goals that I run myself to the ground and become exhausted, so I was trying to prevent that. It’s totally okay to take a break here and there.
With that said, I did manage to get a new theme up on my blog. I have some kinks to work out and some more material to add, but I hope you all like it. It is much cleaner and easier to read and for me to customize, so I am pretty happy with it!
September is looking to be another hectic month. This year has been so busy and is flying by! I’m supposed to have visitors this weekend (if the hurricane doesn’t drown us!). My fiance Andrew and I are taking two weekend trips – one to Asheville, North Carolina to do some camping in the mountains and another trip to Charlotte for a football game for Andrew’s birthday.
Here are some of my September goals:
I’m really trying this month to make my personal goals less of an obligation and more of things I enjoy doing. Call me crazy, but I actually love getting up early to set myself up for success for the day and eating well and working out makes me feel so much better!
- Continue waking up at 5:30 to workout each morning.
- Spend time in a devotional each morning.
- Focus on eating really well! It gives me so much more energy.
- Take 30 minutes of “me-time” a day.
- Save $200 to start rebuilding my emergency fund.
- Complete the HR and Law class I’m taking for free on Coursera.
I’m getting married in March…eek! It is only 6 months away!
- Finish all save the dates.
- Finish the registry.
- Pick out suits/tuxes for the guys.
- Order faux flowers.
- Order invitations.
- Finalize DJ.
- Set up pre-marriage counseling with our pastor.
- Find a salon for the girls’ hair.
- Order bridesmaids dresses off Etsy (frugal tip!!).
- Look into flights for honeymoon.
Last month with the blog, I actually surpassed all my goals majorly! I am going to set my goals a bit higher this month and focus on only a few things versus 2,938,429 things at once 🙂 Blogging is different than many things because it never ends. I mean, you can do the minimum and be happy with it. But there is always more content you could be adding, more technical additions, more bloggers you can be reaching out to, more guest posts to write, more ways to build your social media platforms, etc. It’s overwhelming at times, so I am going to focus on only a few things.
- Build my Pinterest following to 700 followers (currently at 482). You can follow me here!
- Research different ad networks to add to TLB. I only use Google Adsense right now and it really isn’t that relevant or profitable compared to most ad networks.
- Work ahead on content.
- Finalize the transition to the new theme.
- Organize myself with Asana.
What are you goals this month? Any advice on blogging especially?